Thursday, February 26, 2009

Madelyn Kalea Hansen is finally here!!

My mom arrived on Dec. 14th to be here for the birth and to help out with our new little princess. That night I decided to try and make this baby come as soon as possible so I made a big batch of sugar cookies. Then around 10pm that night while it was snowing like crazy we got all bundled up in our snow clothes (actually I had to wear some of Kaulana's stuff since I was way too big to fit into my own snow clothes) and decided to walk some laps around our apartment complex. I toughed it out through the contractions and we timed them just hoping that they would start being closer together but maddie apparently wasn't ready to come yet. So the next morning at 11am we go to my doctor appointment and the doctor decides to send us over to the hospital to get induced since I am still preeclamptic and it is such a risk for me and the baby. They induced me and 7 hours later I still wasn't dilated or effaced so at 7:30 the doctor came in and announced that we were gonna do a c-section and the baby would be here within an hour!!! I was freaking out!! Here are a few pictures! Sorry if it is too much for some people! I didnt realize that kaulana was going to be standing up taking all of these pictures but I do think it is cool to see little maddie joining our family!

2 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

I love these pics! The ones at the hospital are always so sweet I think. I love the one of Kaulana holding her, he looks like the proudest daddy! Can't wait for more posts :)

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

Hi Guys! I am so excited to see your blog! It was so much fun to see you all in OR - we wish it could have lasted longer. Baby Madelyn is just so sweet - we will love watching her grow up - long distance in blogger world, that is =) Love you guys! Aunt Jenn, Uncle Kurt and fam