Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Aloha!!!

I know that I haven't updated my blog for a long time but that was kinda on purpose. Lots of things have changed in our lives. Kaulana graduated from Byu-I in December in Construction Management and we moved in with his parents in Lincoln, CA. We had a lot of fun living there and it was great for maddie to get to know her grandparents. While we were living there we were constantly searching for jobs for either one of us. We definately got a feel for just how bad the economy is right now. After two and a half months I finally got a job working part time for SAFE Credit Union and was so happy to have a job but was very sad not to be staying at home with maddie.
Throughout this time Kaulana went to as many job fairs as he could. He even took a train to provo last minute to go to a job fair there. The one that proved to be most successful was the job fair after the Reno Construction Competition in mid February. He met with a lot of companies and one in particular was Swinerton Builders. About a month later on the saturday before I was starting my job we were leaving the theater after watching Alice in wonderland and noticed that he had a voicemail message. That message has been the biggest blessing ever!!! It was the vice president of Swinerton Builders Hawaii. Kaulana called and did an interview on the phone and then they flew him out on the next sunday and back home on monday night. Four days later he got another call offering him the position for Project Engineer here is Hawaii!!
On monday morning they called and made all the moving arrangements for our stuff and car and we flew out on friday morning one week after the offer. We couldn't be happier or feel more blessed! I am so grateful for a hardworking and faithful husband. He is loving his new job and I am loving being able to stay home with our little monkey! I am also so excited that she is gonna grow up where Kaulana was born and lived for the first 7 years of his life!!

2 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

I am so happy for you guys, what great news and a great blessing for you! How cool to experience living in Hawaii! You will have to tell us if you ever get island fever- I have heard people feel a little trapped and wonder if it's true... And I love the story on the next post! Some days are just like that where everything ends up being as inconvenient as possible! Haha. I so wish we could get together and have our little toddlers meet! Can't wait for your pictures!

Johannes and Christine said...

That's so awesome! It sounds like everything is working out for you guys. I love your blog - it's a great way to say caught up with friends. We have one to, if you ever want to check it out: johannesandchristine.blogspot.com.
How do you pronounce Madelyn's middle name? Good luck with your new life in Hawaii - have fun!